Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
Join our Materials Solutions Business based in Worcester, as our new Production Engineer. You will join a team of 25 and have a unique opportunity to be part of a growing business which is an acknowledged world leader in the industrial application of laser additive layer manufacturing of metals.
Our continued success has meant we are now on the lookout for a Production Engineer to support our increasing orders. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, self-starter who would like to work with blue-chip international clients from the power generation, aerospace and motor sport sectors, who all wish to utilise this cutting-edge manufacturing technology.
Want to know more about what it is like at our Worcester site? Have a look at this YouTube video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3lZcFVXkvA
This is your role. What part will you play?
- The key focus of this role is to implement production processes and procedures to improve productivity, quality and safety
- You will drive business processes and associated applications for production operations
- Design new systems and processes and provide facilities & methods to ensure the cost-effective integration of new approved products or for the improvement of existing ones into production operation
- Ensure all product and system requirements are considered
- Conduct bench marking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
- Investigate production and process issues providing technical support and training
- Generate production documentation such as BOM / assembly instructions
- Reduce variability in manufacturing by providing standard work methods and work instructions for production parts
- Although no direct line management responsibility, you will support other technicians and trainee engineers and supervise sub-contractors
Make Real What Matters
We tackle what really matters – take your next career step with us and make a difference.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business; therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
To apply please follow the link:
Skills and Experiences
Leverage your skills to move the world forward.
- Experience of implementation and use of ERP/MRP business systems / applications
- Understand manufacturing processes and finite capacity planning
- Awareness of the impact of quality escapes
- Manufacturing/ mechanical engineering qualification
- Knowledge and use of use CAD/CAM software
- Experience to design processes and layouts
- Experience of FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), Kaizen/A3 (continuous improvement and problem solving) process improvement or similar.
- Experience in a production volume manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Understand design and production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
- IOSH Managing Safely (Or Equivalent)