Accessibility Statement Aerospace Wales Website
This website is run by Aerospace Wales. We want as many people as possible to be able to
use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent
versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This website’s accessibility
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- the text won’t reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you can’t modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams don’t have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 days.
Reporting accessibility issues with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Aerospace Wales is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the
Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version
2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Issues with technology
No ‘skip to main content’ option on any pages.
It’s not possible for users to modify text spacing or line height.
We’ve assessed the cost of fixing these issues and believe that doing so now would be a disproportionate burden within the meaning of the accessibility regulations. We will make another assessment when we next do a major redevelopment of the website, likely to be in
Issues with images, video and audio
Images on the home page don’t have alternative text.
Live video streams don’t have captions.
We plan to add alt text to images on the home page by September 2020. We don’t plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 02/11/2020. The test was carried out by Aerospace Wales
- our main website platform, available at www.aerospacewales.aero
This statement was prepared on 02/11/2020. It was last updated on 02/11/20