Location: Warwick United Kingdom
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
Siemens have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercialisation Manager to join Siemens Aero Derivative Gas Turbine (AGT) business in Warwick!
Your new role will be to lead the development and commercialisation of product and service offerings (including upgrades to Products and Services) by working closely with wider functional teams within Siemens Aero Gas Turbines. In addition, you will develop and maintain cost models, evaluate business cases and continuously develop standardised tools and process in support of the Marketing and Sales function. Our new Commercialisation Manager will join a small team however working collaboratively with many global fields and functions across the Siemens Energy landscape.
This is a permanent, office-based role in Warwick (CV34 6SJ) however we do have a flexible working policy and there will be opportunity for you to also work remote from the office base! It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
The AGT business globally has successfully grown by focusing on the supply and support of AGT packages to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied Gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries. It is our vision to be the customers’ first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
What part will you play?
- Build close working relationship with sales teams (central and regional) to evaluate the feasibility of ideas for new products and services
- Drive the generation of new Service ideas from concept through to commercial realisation
- Business case analysis and development across the service business and the preparation of recommendations for business approval. Analysis will include Market Analysis, NPV analysis, KPIs, continuous improvements
- Develop sales materials; sales presentation, commercial pricing strategy, value selling tools, flyers, winning guides
- Support the sales teams in the development of sales strategy
- Train and enable global and regional sales teams on the value of the product and sales material
- Seek feedback from Customers and regional sales to evaluate the success of the product and services launches and input lessons learned
- Manage the development of market-led business cases to advise the allocation of R&D funding
Make What Really Matters
We provide the power to bring heat and light to our cities. We build highly efficient next generation turbines as well as on- and offshore wind turbines all over the world. We help our customers to save millions of tons of CO2 each year. For these and many other future projects, we need experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons and true specialists that do not lose sight of the big picture.
We tackle what really matters – take your next career step with us and make a difference.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business; therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
To apply please follow the link:
Skills and Experiences
We Don't Need Superheroes, Just Super Minds
- A background in engineering is essential
- We are looking for someone with a sound knowledge of business case development with a strong commercial leaning
- An ability to assess business opportunities and to understand the salient detail of business, financial and commercial considerations that enable sound business decision making
- An innovative, systematic and logical approach to problem solving and conflict handling
- Ideally you will have worked with gas turbines previously
- Familiarity for proposals would be highly advantageous and to have a great understanding of Pricing cost and profit analysis
- A collaborative and pro-active nature
- Fantastic stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Experience in the use and application of continuous improvement methodologies
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft applications