About the Company:
Our client is a subsidiary of a major global player in the nuclear industry. Operating on a UK nuclear licensed site specialising in deconversion of the by-product of enrichment into a more stable form for long term storage for future enrichment or final disposal.
The company has recently finished construction of a major new facility, presently being commissioned, and is building the long term technical team to support and improve operations. The successful applicant will be one of a number Process Engineers within this team.
The Successful Applicant:
You will have a good degree in Chemical Engineering, strong communication skills and the ability to adapt communication style and content to suit the audience. We are happy to consider candidates fresh out of university as well as those with a few years’ experience. A high level of computer literacy and familiarity with programming would be advantageous. The ability to work with technical experts and plant operating teams across all levels of the organisation is essential. In summary, we are looking for a results driven self-starter who is able to judge when and how to ask for support.
Working in conjunction with the Senior Process Responsible Engineer and as part of the wider Process Team you will:
- carry-out the process engineering of small to medium sized plant modifications
- interfacing with other engineering disciplines for modifications and more complex projects
- use Process Engineering tools and expertise to interpret plant observations, explain behaviour and recommend corrective actions
- build software applications to improve plant visualisation, configuration control and data management
- deputise for Plant Process Engineers and the Plant Performance Specialist (who oversee technical aspects of plant operation and maintain/build plant information systems) during holidays or periods of high workload
Health & Wellbeing; Other employee benefits which you would be eligible to join as an employee include a Company Cycle scheme and childcare vouchers.
Skills and Experiences
You will have a good degree in Chemical Engineering, strong communication skills and the ability to adapt communication style and content to suit the audience.