ASTUTE 2020 (Advanced Sustainable Manufacturing Technologies) will support industrial Research, Development and Innovation (RD&I) through world-class academics and a team of highly qualified technical experts and project managers.
ASTUTE 2020 will focus only on those areas of industrial demand where we can specifically bring to bear the established world-leading and internationally excellent expertise found across the Welsh Universities’ partnership to address the industrial RD&I needs:
- Computational Engineering Modelling
- Advanced Materials Technology
- Systems Engineering
ASTUTE 2020 Industry projects will:
- be demand-led by industry
- require a Research Challenge in our three key areas Computational Engineering Modelling, Advanced Materials Technology or Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- involve Collaboration, so that the companies and the Universities share the inputs, outputs and risks
- bring economic benefit to West Wales and the Valleys
The operation has been part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government.