Products & Services:
K Sharp provides Human Science Research and Human Factors consultancy. We are
a micro-SME which means we can be very agile and responsive to customer needs
especially where rapid decision making is required.
We use strategic and applied human sciences research, and human-centred design to help our clients perfect the user experience. As Human Factors consultants, we help our clients to understand –
and predict – user behaviour to deliver the right technologies, in the right ways, to
Guided by Human Factors psychology, ergonomic principles and engineering, UX,
and user interface design, we create products, services, and protocols that are easy to
adopt and attractive to use – with optimum safety in mind.
Our primary focus is to deliver high quality projects that meet the user need of the
client. We ensure we are flexible to work in traditional or agile project environments,
K Sharp is ISO9001:2015 accredited
We have been leading and delivering Human focused research and consultancy into
Defence for over 10 years. We have delivered through a wide range of frameworks
including HSSRC, DHCSTC, DASA, Serapis, etc. As well as being directly signed up to
a range of frameworks, we also have great relationships with other suppliers within
industry whom we support. We enjoy teaming with other suppliers and are skilled in
both leading projects and work packages as well as working as part of the supplier
Key equipment and processes:
We deliver in two main themes:
Firstly Research, where we encompass three main areas:
• Research is the development of new ideas and concepts. K Sharp delivers its own
research projects as well as collaborating with others.
• Innovation is the understanding of ideas that have been proven in once domain and
applying hem in another. K Sharp has the experience in a broad variety of domains.
• Application is how research and innovation is applied to real world problems. KSL
research is focused on the application of research and innovation, to solve problems or
Secondly, Consultancy. Our Consultancy encompasses six main areas:
• Project Consultancy – the application of a user centred approach in the delivery of
• Discovery – Understanding the current state of the art, both internally and externally
• Concept – The evolution and visualisation of ideas to form the initial basis of solutions.
• Design and Development – User centred design and development of solutions.
• Testing and Assurance – Ensuring what has been produced is fit for purpose.
• Human Factors Integration – The means with which the inclusion of human related
considerations is included and assured throughout the life of a project.
We have and are successfully delivering projects and support to many happy
customers, including MOD, Dstl, BAE Systems, QinetiQ, General Dynamics, Leonardo,
Raytheon, SVGC and UK Space Agency.