Products & Services:
- Full composite build to print capability for flight critical components, prepreg and out of autoclave capability.
- Collaboration with customers through design for manufacture in the design of lightweight and cost-effective products, allowing OEM’s freedom to create functional components at competitive costs.
- Support alternatives to traditional metallic processing to produce lightweight metallic composite hybrid items.
- Large infrastructure in place including 6 large autoclaves (largest 13m x 3.5m), ovens, clean room, finishing capabilities, assembly, NDT C scan, 4/5 axis CNC machining and trimming with a skilled and experienced workforce.
- NADCAP and Airbus approved Special Processes capability including Tartaric, Chromic and Sulphuric acid anodising line using fully automated loading, immersion and transfer between 8ft x 3ft x 5ft deep tanks.
- PFD plant with NADCAP and airbus approval alongside wet paint, vac blast & zinc spray, and welding processes.
Metallic Detail Fabrication Facility
- Large fabrication shop comprising of a capability of metallic details and sub-assemblies, equipment includes guillotines,
- press brakes, welding, forming, CNC routing and presswork all to Aerospace standards.
3-Axis and 5-Axis CNC machining capability including hard metals.
ISO9001 / AS9100/ NADCAP (Composites & Non-Metallic Material Testing, Chemical Processing and NDT)
Brookhouse Aerospace offers a comprehensive capability and expertise for the manufacture of complex composite components, structurers and assemblies on both critical and non-critical applications for the Aerospace, Defence and Military markets. Combined with our experience and proficiency in metallic fabrications, metal joining technologies, machining and surface treatments all in one facility located in Darwen, Lancashire, it makes Brookhouse Aerospace a robust, capable and competitive supplier to its OEM and Tier customers.
We help to build products and assemblies for, but not limited to, aerostructures, wing components & surfaces, fuselage panels, ailerons, winglets, rudders, landing gear doors, engine and thrust reverser panels, missile structures, fairings and covers.
Our products are used in Civil and Military Aerospace, Business Jets, GSE, UAV, Missiles and Engine applications.
Key equipment and processes:
- FRP Monolithic & Sandwich Structures
- Experts in the forming of Carbon Fibre, Glass Fibre and Kevlar (aramid) Fibre
- 3 & 5 Axis CNC Machining & Routing
- Metallics fabrication inc: Rubber Press & Bend
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Surface Treatments – Anodise / Alocrom / CAA / Tartaric Sulphuric Acid (Cr Free) / Surtec 650 (Max 2m x 1.2m x 0.6m)
- Wet Spray Finishing
- Positive Pressure Clean Room
- X6 Autoclaves (Max 13m x 3.5m)
- Automated Treatments Facility
- C-Scan Ultrasonic Testing
- Test Laboratory
BAe Systems, Spirit Aerosystems, MBDA, Kaman, Airbus, Safran, GKN