Snowdonia Aerospace LLP operates the Snowdonia Aerospace Centre, Llanbedr, Gwynedd, the premier commercial test centre in the UK for next-generation aerospace and future flight systems such as “drones-for-good”, electric aircraft, urban and regional air mobility vehicles, balloons, airships and near-space testing vehicles. The airfield has also been designated as one of the candidate sites for a UK Spaceport by the Department for Transport and Snowdonia Aerospace LLP has worked with the UK Space Agency to generate a Horizontal Spaceport Development Master Plan.
Products and Services
Operational airfield together with associated facilities for:
- Research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) of novel aerospace systems
- Space-related RDT&E, training, high altitude / near-space testing and satellite launch
- A range of other aerospace / aviation uses
Extensive experience of operating airfield services, novel aerospace systems trials and general aerospace operations
- UK Research & Innovation
- UK Space Agency
- Welsh Government
- The CASCADE University Drone Consortium
- Various other academia, small / medium enterprises, aerospace and space innovators
Key Equipment & Processes
Operational airfield (3 runways) together with associated facilities including hangarage, workshops, offices, conference rooms with ultra-fast (100MB) on-site fibre network. Local segregated airspace for trials activities with an air corridor to the larger segregated airspace and mission control facilities within the D201 Cardigan Bay Range.
Civil aviation authority approvals