Magellan Aerospace, Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Process Operator – Level 2.
Full Time 3 Month Temporary Contract – Apply on Company Site
Our successful candidate will be working in a surface treatments environment for aircraft parts, ensuring visual inspection of parts for damage and full treatments coverage. Completing paperwork to provide that processes have been followed and working to SOP’s and 6 s standards will be a part of the core duties as well.
- Verify parts are correct to the job card.
- Load/unload various parts onto jigs manually, using a crane or fork lift truck.
- Process aircraft parts through various treatments processes (chromic anodising etc).
- Visually inspect parts for damage and to ensure the treatments process has been successful.
- Interpret, follow and read engineering drawings and SOPs without supervision.
- Directly and proactively suggest improvements to processes particularly with new product introduction within the customer specification.
- Process and make recommendations regarding quality issues.
- Liaise with quality, production and engineering teams to improve quality.
- Escalate to a team leader when non-conforming product has been identified.
- Support with problem solving root cause and corrective action activities.
- Attend daily SQCDP meetings, and feedback information as required.
- Carry out load plans within agreed time scales to meet sales targets.
- Ensure all monitoring and measuring equipment is within calibration before use. Escalate any out of calibration equipment to the inspection team leader.
- Maintain high standards of 6S and directly offer improvements.
- Carry out operations safely with regard to own and others safety and dispose of waste correctly
Skills and Experiences
Academic: Fork lift/combi lift or crane license is an advantage
Experience: Aerospace parts manufacture including treatments/Experience of shift work
Key Competencies: Decision making/Problem solving/Multi-tasking/Communication skills
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes: Verbal and written communication skills/Good hand to eye co-ordination/Reporting skills/Problem solving skills/ Good IT skills/Work well under pressure