Seeking a highly motivated manager to support SSSL Export/Import Programme to ensure company compliance with international trade compliance laws and regulations, including UK, EU and US (EAR/ITAR). This role will work closely the Trade Compliance Officer and within the business to enable business success, ensure integrity while achieving regulatory compliance and protection of national security interests.
- Assist the Trade Compliance Officer (TCO) with the development and management of a comprehensive export/import framework to ensure compliance with UK, US and EU regulations in support of the F-35 UK component repair programme.
- Oversee the operational processes for assuring trade compliance review and approval relating to export licensing, technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits, re-exports, retransfers and export and import shipments under UK, EU and US laws.
- Develop hands on knowledge of UK export requirements specific to the F-35 OGEL.
- Responsible for matters relating to the export jurisdiction/classification and customs import classification and obtaining export/import permits/authorizations in accordance with the UK Regulations.
- Develop and conduct training on SSSL internal controls to comply with export/import obligations.
- Liaise with the TCO to provide strategic guidance to support SSSL and the JV partners.
- Implement action for resolution of export / import compliance problems, questions, or complaints.
- Assist with HMRC and Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU) audits of the SSSL facility.
- Ensure configuration and control of the export registry and trade compliance documentation is maintained.
- Maintain trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Support new process requirements across the business.
- Establish and maintain relations with appropriate government regulatory agencies.
- Generate performance metrics for export and import processes.
Authorisations / Delegations required
Verification and approval (or disapproval) of import & export transactions
Reporting directly to SSSL Trade Compliance Officer.
Education and Training requirements
- Have a university degree in a business-related discipline, ideally in law, commercial, engineer or economics.
- In-depth knowledge of UK, US and EU export/ import laws and regulations.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the domain of customs/global trade (export, customs and/or trade compliance).
- Operational experience in export/import operations and risk management.
- Will need to be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances.
- Background within an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred
Skills and Experiences
- Experience in interpreting and providing guidance on UK/EU and US export and import regulations for the licensing of goods, technology and software.
- Experience in providing training on UK/EU and US export/import laws and regulations.
- Act with integrity as a guiding principle.
- Be able to work flexibility under pressure.
- Work independently with moderate guidance as part of a team.
- IT literate with a demonstrable competency of Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
- Effective communication skills,
- Must have leadership skills and business acumen.