Job Title: Mechanical Assembly
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Up to £14.39 per hour
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Job Reference: 203164
Our client is looking for candidates that will be required to repair, overhaul and modify a variety of Mechanical, Pneumatic, Heat Transfer, Electronic, Air Turbines and Electro-mechanical aircraft components in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations, European Aviation Safety Agency Regulations and Repair Station Processes.
Skills and Experiences
This includes all aspects of the repair process including:
- Diagnostic fault finding, strip, initial inspection, parts call up, build and testing of the final units.
- These must be compliant with component maintenance manuals, engineering drawing requirements and customer requirements for on time delivery and contracted turn time.
Essential tasks / duties:
- Interpret component maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other technical data approved by the regulator required to perform the repair and overhaul duties.
- Perform a preliminary inspection of the unit to include a diagnostic test, dis-assembly, cleaning and component inspection.
- Determine the material required to overhaul and repair / overhaul and assemble the unit in accordance with approved technical data.
- Perform final test of the unit in accordance with approved data to determine eligibility for return to service Prioritise & process units in order to meet customer due dates.
- Process units in accordance with the Quality Management System and Repair Station Manual and MOE.
- A flexible approach to work is required.
- The ability to be able to function as part of a team within a lean manufacturing environment.
- Customer focus.
- Previous experience of precision assembly work is desirable.
- A recognised Engineering Apprenticeship is desirable but not essential.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.