Location: SSSL, MOD Sealand, Welsh Road, Flintshire, CH5 2LS
Salary range: C1/C2 Pay Band dependent upon qualification and experience
Flexible working available.
Commencement of employment: September 2019
Scope: Responsible to the SSSL Managing Director (Accountable Manager) in the following areas of the Business:
- Quality Assurance of the SSSL Quality Management System to ISO9001
- Airworthiness ensurance across the SSSL supply chain
- Management of Health & Safety risks associated with SSSL activities
- Management of Environmental risks associated with SSSL activities
- Coordinate and control technical investigations of non-conforming product
- Accident investigation involving SSSL personnel or occuring on SSSL premises
- Maintaining physical and data security compliance of SSSL to requirements of UK MOD security standards JSP440/JSP490 and US DOD security standard JAFAN 6.9, and liaision with MOD local site security officer
- Performing the duties of Chief Information Officer (CIO) on behalf of SSSL
- In cooperation with SSSL Executive Management Team (EMT), develop and maintain local processes, policies and procedures to enable SSSL to achieve and maintain certification to ISO 9001:2015.
- Undertake the Health & safety and environmental compliance aspects of maintenance depot activation in line with the F-35 program requirements.
- Lead and manage QA and Compliance activities to assist in delivering a conforming F-35 AV component MRO&U service at MOD Sealand.
- To be responsible for schedule and cost adherence of the Quality Assurance and Compliance aspects of F-35 maintenance depot activation.
- Represent SSSL at 2nd and 3rd Party audits and coordinate SSSL response to audit findings
- Coordinate Customer and other 2nd & 3rd Party audit team visits to SSSL facility
- Conduct internal audits of the SSSL Business System (QMS) and 2nd Party audits of the SSSL supply chain, including SSSL sub-contracted Repair Centres
- Maintain a risk-based audit schedule appropriate to the scope of business
- Management of non-conformance responses raised by, and on, SSSL and its supply chain
- Conduct audits of the implemented security system at the SSSL facility
- Work closely with the SSSL Trade Compliance Manager to maintain Information Assurance
Skills and Experiences
- Background in Aviation production or repair environment
- Minimum HNC/HND in a relevant engineering discipline (Electronic, Electrical, or Mechanical)
- IT literate (particularly in MS Office suite)
- Ability to plan and manage projects, must be able to communicate with accuracy, concisely and with clarity, must be able to identify and assess risks and opportunities
- Lead Auditor ISO 9001:2015
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret data from a number of different sources and be able to convert that data into usable information to understand the engineering problem
- Comprehensive knowledge of MAA Mil Part 145 requirements and application via Acceptable Means of Compliance (AMC)
- Working knowledge of Risk Assessment and Hazard identification techniques, including Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) assessment
- Experience of working to US DOD security standard JAFAN 6.9
- Working knowledge of UK MOD physical and INFOSEC security requirements
- NEBOSH Level 3 National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (training can be provided if necessary)
- Familiarity with First Article Inspection requirements
- Working knowledge of Bills of Material, Production Routings, Technical Data control, Production control, and Production planning
- AS9110 Internal Auditor qualified
- Internal auditor OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001
- Internal auditor ISO 14001